Welcome to KitWiki
This site is for the teachers, researchers, students, professionals and other persons who have an interest in language technology
or who use or build computational language resources
This is a WIKI site and thus a place where users both use
it by reading information and experiences written by others, and contribute
themselves to it by writing about their experiences and findings to other users. We do not expect that the staff of the CSC Language Bank would provide the contents to this KitWiki, rather it is the task of the user community
to build the contents incrementally. The KitWiki is also a perfect place for collaboration
among groups of people at distance.
This KitWiki does not even attempt to cover everything. Instead, pages are expected to provide pointers to other existing or alternative sources
whenever useful. This Kitwiki is not and will not become an encyclopedia like the Wikipedia
. Instead, you are encouraged to write encyclopedic articles about language technology and language resources directly in Wikipedia or the wiki of the ACL
and put links to such articles here.
For help on joining
and getting started
, see the Help
section on the side bar, and read the GettingStartedWithKitWiki
Contents of the KitWiki Web
- Teaching - A list of courses using KitWiki as their working space.
- Projects - A list of projects using KitWiki as their working space.
Networks and Organizations
- Resources containing items both in KitWiki and elsewhere.
Kielipankki / The Language Bank of Finland
- GettingStartedWithKitWiki - Instructions for joining and starting to work on KitWiki.
- TWiki tips - Collection of tips on working with the TWiki platform. You're welcome to share your own tips.
- Current problems - Known problems on the current version of TWiki and ways to work around them. Check this if you are having inexplicable trouble with something, it might be a bug or a feature. You can also list your own observations.
KitWiki has the following public webs (you might need additional rights to edit them):
- Common Language Resources and Technology Infrastructure working pages.
- The Finnish Language Technology Documentation Centre.
- The main collaboration web in KitWiki, used for courses and smaller projects and networks not requiring their own web. Also contains instructions and tips on using different tools, the Language Bank, the TWiki platform, etc.
- The Main web hosts KitWiki users and groups, you can create personal pages here, but to keep things clear, make sure their wikiname starts with your name.
- Northern European Association for Language Technology working pages.
- Working pages for the NooJ linguistic development environment.
- You can put old topics that you are not sure of deleting into this web. This way they can still be viewed and if necessary, put back into use.
- This web is for testing out things and creating drafts.
- The TWiki web contains TWiki documentation and user reference, as well as installed plugins.
- This is a project to collect language technology terms.