Technical and Steering Group Meeting

Meeting Agenda

Time: Friday January 21 at 14:00-15:45
Meeting room: CSC meeting room 7327 Serveri

Participants:

Krister Lindén chair
Jussi Piitulainen  
Ville Savolainen  
Pekka Järveläinen  
Tero Aalto  
Satu Torikka project manager, secretary

Visitors:

Kimmo Koskenniemi  
Hanna Westerlund  
Jussi Tella  

Absent:

Minutes DRAFT

Minutes of the Technical meeting

  • News
    • The AAI system is installed in development part of the Scientist's User Interface (SUI), which is the final platform.
    • Database is moved to the final platform.

    • CSC’s response
    • Detailed responses will be sent to pilot users, referees and CPs.

  • User process (Pekka)
    • The new layout in SUI was demonstrated. It got positive comments from UHEL members.
    • CSC will still check the error messages to enhance the usability.

  • Authorization work flow
    • Final authorization process definitions: Decision: The final reminder time is 2 days, and the timers will expire after 2 days.
    • Other finalizing changes: Service break until mid-February
    • Changes for the future

  • Dissemination plan
    • Final language check and standardization of texts will be made before launch
    • After Lotta Jalava left the project team, user instructions are still missing.
    • Tero will make a launch plan
    • The final name of the AAI system to be used in SUI etc. was set:
      • In English: Language Bank Rights
      • In Finnish: Kielipankin oikeudet Tero will also plan a new logo for the AAI system to be used in SUI.

Minutes of the Steering group meeting (at 2:45 pm)

  • Project status
    • Latest project schedule
    • The end of February was set as the launch date for the AAI system. Kimmo Koskenniemi plans to present the results of the project to the Ministry of Education and Culture on March 18th.

  • Next meeting:
    • The final meeting of the project will be held on Friday, 25th of February at 2 pm, Metsätalo (UHEL).

Discussion

  • Peter Wittenburg from MPI will organize a D-SPIN seminar on virtual organizations (CLARIN). Krister Lindén, and Pekka Järveläinen and Mikael Linden from CSC have been invited to participate. More information will come later.
  • Future scenarios:
    • The number of resources may grow. The group of Finno-Ugrian language resources is likely to grow in near future. The current limitation of UNIX groups may become an obstacle (max. 16 groups on Hippu).
    • Some Language Bank of Finland resources could skip the authorization procedure in future. Valid authentication and accepting of terms can be the only requirements to get access to certain resources.
Edit | Attach | Print version | History: r11 | r9 < r8 < r7 < r6 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions...
Topic revision: r7 - 2011-02-04 - SatuTorikka
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback