Steering group and Technical meeting

Meeting Agenda

Time: Friday April 23 at 9.30-12:00 am
Meeting room:7327 Serveri, CSC

Participants:

Krister Lindén chair
Jussi Piitulainen  
Pekka Järveläinen (Technical meeting participation)
Totti Mäkelä (left after the Steering group meeting)
Ville Savolainen (Technical meeting participation)
Tero Aalto (Technical meeting participation)
Satu Torikka project manager, secretary

Visitors:

Kimmo Koskenniemi  
Stephen Avae II (Technical meeting participation)

Meeting minutes

Minutes of the Steering group meeting

  • Project status
    • Satu presented where we are now, compared to the project schedule: Latest project schedule
      • Next goal is to publish a new version of the AAI demo in SUI by June 8th, 2010.
      • Opening the service for customers is scheduled for September 2010.
  • Next meeting:
    • Combined Technical and Steering group meeting will be held on Tuesday 8th of June 2010 at 1 pm at the University of Helsinki, Metsätalo

Minutes of the Technical meeting (at 10.15 am)

  • AAI demo status

  • Decisions
    • Flow and contents of AAI demo for linguistics (ver. 3.2) were accepted as follows:
      • Resources will be equipped with links on the Resource list and on the Application form. CSC's current metadata link pages are in English only. If changes are wanted, the UHEL members will send new link page addresses.
      • Terms&Conditions pages upgrade:
        • CSC's General Terms&Conditions will be shown only once if several resources are selected.
        • Terms can be changed later. It depends on Content Providers/Copyright Owners to get translations of terms if needed.
        • Highlight will be possible. If highlight is wanted, the UHEL members will send specifications.
      • Kimmo Koskenniemi commented that the referee should be linked with the resource, thus helping the Content Provider. Although this feature is not included in the requirements, CSC will add a referee field in the Language resources table, and a possibility to group language resources in the database, for possible future use if time allows. In conclusion, it was agreed that the current specification satisfies the current needs.
      • The UHEL members will send other edits by email after the meeting. It was agreed that the edits will limit to text.
    • Authorization work flow and contents as demonstrated at https://aai.csc.fi/authdemo/ were accepted as follows:
      • Work flow will be in English only (since the current IdM installation does not support localization).
      • CSC will study the possibility to use the Preferred language field to display the preferred language on the LBA's email template (email to the applicant).
      • Referee and Content Provider details will be added: name, organization and email address.
      • CSC will study the possibility to send an email to the applicant after sending the application plus after each step of the authorization work flow, i.e. four emails per selected resource. In the requirements, one email is specified to be sent to the applicant after the final authorization decision (Accept or Reject).

  • CLARIN prototype status (CSC, MPI, IDS)
    • DFN-AAI authentication (Germany) available to login the AAI demo for linguistics on March 24 (test system), in production since May 7th.
    • SURFfederatie authentication for MPI (Netherlands) available to login the AAI demo for linguistics on April 15.
    • CLARIN meeting in Utrecht on March 2-4 reached the main goal to complete ERIC, but there was no time to show the AAI demo for the audience.
    • CLARIN has developed the Virtual Language Observatory to explore the world of language resources and technology from different perspectives.

  • Next Technical meeting will be held on Tuesday 8th of June 2010 at 1 pm at the University of Helsinki, Metsätalo

Topic revision: r7 - 2010-06-15 - SatuTorikka
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2018 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback