Technical Meeting

Meeting Agenda

Time: Wednesday September 29 at 13:00-14:30
Meeting room: CSC meeting room 7327 Serveri

Participants:

Krister Lindén chair
Jussi Piitulainen  
Ville Savolainen  
Pekka Järveläinen  
Satu Torikka project manager, secretary

Visitors:

Jyrki Niemi  
Tapani Kinnunen  
Jussi Tella  

Absent:

Tero Aalto  

Minutes

  • SUI/Liferay presentation: Content management system (Tapani Kinnunen)
    • Liferay's Control Panel offers the portlets:
      • Web Content: including localization and publication for texts
      • Document Library: for folders and files
      • Image Gallery: for images
    • There could be a Kielipankki Community, whose members can access its own separate portlets.

  • AAI system status
    • Testing
      • AAI testing is stored since August 26 at Google Issue Tracker: http://code.google.com/p/aailing/issues/list
        • Please open a Google account for you if you want to add a new issue (if you don't have one). You don't need to sign in to read only.
        • To see closed issues, please use Search All issues for, and type Done in the text box.
    • The next issues of the AAI system (from the meeting on August 26) were completed by CSC, and the changes were accepted:
      • User process
        • Improved the AAI demo layout in general (marginals, long names, etc.)
        • Developed the resource list: rechecked the texts, added check boxes and links to metadata pages (localization in not possible for links), and prevented titles from being selected. Now the list is in alphabetical order.
        • Re-checked the error messages
        • Added the Reset function.
      • Authorization work flow
    • The next issues are still open (from the meeting on August 26):
      • User process: A new suggestion for Reset button: Apply for additional language resources / Hae lisää kieliaineistoja, ok?
      • Authorization work flow
        • Recheck the texts, e.g. by adding the contact address (ling@csc.fi). Could the layout be more clear?
        • Display the last mail to the applicant in both Finnish and English (Preferred language field cannot be used to display the selected language).
        • Finalize the last part of the process i.e. give the applicant access to the granted resources. However, testing will still continue, and the launch date will be set later.
        • New: Instructions for referee candidates: Comments? It was decided that the referee candidates will be instructed to give information about their familiarity with the resources of the Language Bank of Finland. The Language Bank Administrator will act as a CP for referee candidates, which can be changed later.
      • UHEL members are willing to participate in developing the web pages of the Language Bank of Finland, including end-user instructions for the AAI system and Terms and Conditions. Lotta perhaps?

  • AAI demo presentations (by Krister)
    • Sept. 8-9 to EU Commission members in Luxembourg: Krister's mail
    • September 23-24 to CLARIN management in Paris
      • A problem was found by Dieter Van Uytvanck that he sees an empty page when accessing the AAI system (from Surf fed federation). See Next steps.
    • October 18 CLARIN Consortium meeting in Vienna (Antti Pursula from CSC will take part, too), and October 19-21 CLARIN/DARIAH Conference 2010 and NEERI

  • Next steps
    • Complete the open issues (listed above)
    • Lotta is planning a training course for linguistics to be held in the end of October or early November. She will give an AAI system presentation on the application procedure, and demonstrate how to use the Language Bank of Finland services.
      • End-user instructions for the AAI system should be ready by then.
    • CLARIN: Pekka will try to fix Dieter's problem. One problem is that the common attributes between participants (CSC, MPI, and IDS) were not specified.
    • The new schedule of moving the AAI system to SUI is mid-November at the earliest, because SUI cannot be updated to Liferay version 6 before November. The new schedule of the Kalle project was accepted, and the launch of the AAI system to end-users will wait for SUI.

  • Next meeting
    • Satu will send a status report in the beginning of November, and suggest a date for the next Steering Group and Technical Meeting (final meeting if possible)

  • AOB
    • Greetings from Totti
    • Discussion:
      • UHEL hopes that Lemmie would be installed in the new SUI before Lotta's training course.
      • UHEL wishes additional language resources for Lemmie. Also, replacing Lemmie with e.g. Glossa was discussed.
      • UHEL would like that some language resources were public, i.e. without any authentication or authorization, in order to advertise the Language Bank of Finland services for new users.
Topic revision: r10 - 2011-01-20 - SatuTorikka
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2018 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback