CLARIN working pages
This Wiki is not the official web site of the CLARIN, but it is available for various activities of the association such as a working space for special interest groups (SIGs). The official CLARIN website
where you will find information on the project etc. All new material will be added to that site. Some information here may still be relevant but even such data will migrate to the official web site as soon as it is practical.
Sections of CLARIN activities on this site
Archive and maintenance
Advice for registering to KitWiki
Because this is a semi-open wiki, there are some additional steps you have to take if you are coming from an address not yet in our database.
- Send an email from the mail address you want to register with to (email@example.com). This is important to get you added to the CLARIN group!
- Wait for confirmation.
- Go to the registration form.
- Fill in the form considering the following instructions:
- I have read the User's Agreement and (*) I do not agree with it ( ) I agree with it [you must read and select the "agree" button]
- First Name: [avoid non-ascii characters, only ä and ö work here]
- Last Name: [the same restriction, but even "van der Graaf" is ok]
- WikiName: [do no alter what the form automatically inserts here but check that it is not truncated, see the above restrictions]
- LoginName: [the same advice as for the WikiName field above]
- Email address: [insert the official university or institutional email address, e.g. "firstname.lastname@example.org" it must be an operational email address; see Step 1 especially if you only have a @hotmail.com or @gmail.com address.]
- Obfuscated email address: [something that will suffice for your colleagues but not for a robot; it can often be "firstname.lastname at helsinki.fi" or "john dot brown ät university dot fi" ]
- Your personal home page: [if you have one, put the departmental page otherwise]
- Organization name: [your CLARIN collaboration organization]
- Organization URL: [your organization's homepage]
- Country: [select]
- How I heard about this or the reason why I would like to join this community: [it is sufficient to insert just e.g. "CLARIN member"]
- Click the "Submit" button. Soon you will receive email to the address you gave in the form.
- Follow the instructions on the email you get. Click (or otherwise enter) the URL given in the mail. You will get a second email message indicating your initial password. Specifically, write down the password you get. You may use the registration form to change the password to something you remember but is still safe enough. For your convenience, you can let your browser remember the password, if the workstation is in your personal use and in a safe place.